Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I got a broom for Christmas...

I told JMB that I wanted to go to Gatlinburg and get a new bottom for my broom for Christmas. We drove to The Glades Road shops and found the shop where we had bought the broom 30 year ago. David Ogle is the son of the man who made our broom. He said " I'll make it like new for you in about 30 minutes." We browsed at all the shops...there's a Jim Gray gallery next door. We ate lunch at Ma's Kitchen. It was like my grandmother's cooking...Good! It was a nice day...














1 comment:

Eileen said...

Neat - I've never heard of a broom shop but looking at that nice new broom bottom, now I understand how helpful to keep it in good repair. Besides that, they say brooms make good transportation, too! ;) Merry Christmas Mrs Burka! Wishing you all good health and lots of happy moments during the holidays.